Wednesday, July 22, 2009

E71 Fireware Update - Backup and Charge your battery first

Nokia E71 Firmware 300.21.012 was recently released. I wanted to update my Nokia phone with this latest patch.

It's fairly simple if you have Nokia PC Suite installed on your Windows desktop. (I use Acer AspireOne netbook with XP at home)

Upon starting Nokia PC Suite, you will be notified of the latest firmware available.


See "A new software update is available for your phone. Click to update" above.


Well, I clicked on the hyperlink and after a series of click-click-click, I landed with the dialog prompt below:



Hmmm... Not a big issue... I plugged in my charger and I thought the complain will go away.

It did not. You need to really charge your battery first. Please remember.

I advise reading the following instruction once the update is done.


Now, what does the instruction say above? "... revert to factory default ..."

So, before you even get started with updating, please remember to perform a backup.
(Click on the top left button in your Nokia PC Suite)


This will enable you to restore your phone to it's original state prior to the update. If you forget o backup, I'm really sorry.




Oh... not forgetting to mention... SingNet download speed is faster than Starhub at this hour of the day (23:00hr). I failed twice trying to download the updates via Starhub. Luckily I have 2 links to choose from. *phew*

No comments:

Post a Comment